Tuesday 21 June 2011

Gyaru Tutorial and Tinted Moisturizer review *pic heavy*

My very first blog! Bare with me as I am a noob when it comes to blogging. LOL the last time I blogged was when nexopia existed. Does anyone remember that? haha


Ok on to the tinted moisturizers: I bought Tarte smooth operator in disguise and Korres watermelon lightweight tinted moisturizer (this one is darker since I tend to be more tanned in the summer). Tinted moisturizers are a lighter solution than foundation because of the hot weather makeup tends to melt :( 

Swatches: left Tarte and Korres on the right. Without flash
Swatch with flash.

Pros:    

  • Both are natural product free of parabens, oils, any harmful chemicals
  • Korres has an spf 30 
  • Both dry into a powdery solution 
  • Lightweight does not feel cakey on face
  • Evens out skin tone!

Cons:

  • Even though it says its oil free I find it tends to be oily :/
  • Tinted moisturizers aren't really good moisturizers lol
  • It's not a good product for full coverage (but since I don't really need full coverage it's a great product for me)
Ok on to my dolly eye tutorial! These are all the products I used:
So I used Tarte smooth operator with a foundation brush to even out my skin tone.

I usually have redness around my nose and cheeks and a tinted moisturizer is perfect! ^_^



 Using a white eyeliner, line your water line. Line the inner corners of your eyes and blend.


Ok so onto the eyes!! I usually use a primer so my eye shadows last longer.  I use MAC paint pot in let me pop. 





 So onto eye shadows! For the main color I used Nars El Dorado the goldish shimmery color. For the highlights I used this eye shadow I got from Korea in a store called Etude House. And the last color is MAC "In Living Pink".


Swatches: without flash
 And with flash:
 Sorry if you can't really see the color with the flash >_<




This is what it should look like after! ^ Now onto eyeliner! This is what I use:


 Flick motion at the end to have that winged effect!
 Then curl your lashes!
And add mascara. I used MAC Zoom Lash.
 Top lashes
 This mascara does wonders! As you can see it made my lashes very long!

 And don't forget the bottom ones!
Now we move on to false lashes! I used Ardell.
 Don't mind how it looks I've used these quite a bit haha
 I used Lashgrip for glue. And for the bottom lashes I've used Ardell half lashes and jus flipped it upside down so the curl goes downward instead of up.

With both the top and bottom lashes. ALMOST DONE LOL.
 Blush: I used this palette I got from the Body shop a long time ago.

And finally: LIPS! I used Covergirl in Sweeheart and Rimmel London in Pink Benefit.







OOTD: Maxi Dress from H&M

And that's the end of my camwhoring pics lol. Hope you guys enjoyed my first blog! ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment